By Otto Mikhailov
Hey guys, Otto here, and I’m going to introduce a nice new compound called phenibut.
The improved sense of well being is certainly great, but knowing I have a tool by my side to help combat anxiety when I really need it is definitely comforting.
Phenibut is one of the best nutritional supplements to put you in a clean and focused mind frame.
I will explain why I recommend them in my guide and how phenibut (like kratom) has made a big positive impact in my life.
Ok, so what is Phenibut?
This GABA-B receptor is also responsible for sedative qualities in GHB, that’s why phenibut has potential use for a sleep aid (only with large doses). Other than the sedative similarities, phenibut is not nearly as powerful as GHB, since it doesn’t bind to the GHB receptor.
This results in somewhat similar effects, except you become much more motivated with phenibut (while maintaing a clear and sober mind).
Phenibut, discovered by the Soviet Union in the 1960’s, is a GABA agonist that crosses the blood brain barrier. Unlike other GABA agonists (alcohol and benzodiazepines), phenibut primarily binds to the GABA-B receptor (instead of GABA-A).
The Phenibut Effects on the Body
Phenibut has very unique effects.
It it almost has a “background effect”, – albeit a very powerful one.
Instead of feeling different, you just are different (but not in any extreme ways). There is a great overwhelming sense of well being. Here are some of the effects and uses:
- Combat Depression
- Sense of well being
- Improved mood (shown to increase dopamine levels)
- ncreased libido– especially for women
- Reduces Tension
- Puts you in the zone-whether you’re making a presentation, socializing, or playing sports
- Combat Alcoholism (on the other end it also potentates it, 1 beer feels like 3)
- Reduction of anxiety and nervousness
- Improved cognitive function (creativity, memory, motivation)
- Music – sounds incredible
The Steps to Take Phenibut
- First, measure 500mg of phenibut
Personally, 2 grams work best for me, but the actual recommended dosage guidelines is around 500mg. Even though you may need more, it’s always a good and safe idea to start lower and go from there.
- Take it early in the morning along with a stimulant like coffee.
You can mix it with an ounce or two of water, then chase it with a sip or two of whatever drink you like to cut the sour taste out.
I find the best stimulant to drink along with it is a full cup of coffee. Although energy drinks work well too. Phenibut helps cut out any jittery effects commonly expected with stimulants
- Wait an hour before eating something.
Important things to understand about Phenibut
Here are some important notes to memorize when you integrate phenibut into your lifestyle.
- For me it lasts basically the whole day, with a bit of a diminished after 12 hours
- If you don’t take it properly, there’s a chance you may not notice much of any effect at all.
- Always take it on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning or 2-3 hours after you last ate).
- I find it takes 5+ hours to start working, others say they notice it within just a couple.
- It may take longer to start working if you take it later in the day (after you’ve ate that day)
Tolerance from phenibut increases rapidly-I find it works great by taking it Saturday + Sunday, which it then gives me 5 days for my receptors to “reset”.
There is some potential for addiction and dependency.
As for dependence, if you abuse phenibut by taking it too frequently or continual large doses, you will become dependent on it. Don’t be stupid as withdrawals are known to really suck. Phenibut can be a very useful tool in your life to excel you over common obstacles like anxiety & fear.
Fortunately after a few years experience with phenibut, I did not find the addiction potential to be any more of a risk than that of alcohol. It’s something that I enjoy, but feel no need or cravings at all to ever take it more than 2, sometimes 3 times per week.
I highly recommend to not go above the 2x/week usage guideline. Some guys claim they can take 3-4x/week, but I think its best to play it on the safe side.